LabRadar uses Doppler Radar to measure the velocities of your bullets. This makes the Labradar the most precise personal method of measuring velocities available, it provides data up to 80m to give you the best information on your load – totally leaves your old chronograph for dead
Brian Litz (Applied Ballistics) reviewed 10 Chronographs in his books - Volume 3 contains the Labradar - His comment "Compared to all other chronographs tested, the Labradar has the lowest error on average ... Labradar also has practically the same lowest SD seen among any of the chronographs at around 1fps" -
Included in the Test was the Oehler systems that we and he also use's (he also uses the Labradars big brother)
The LabRadar uses Doppler Radar to chronograph the velocities of your bullets. Labradar is the most precise personal method of measuring velocities available, it provides ballistic data up to 80m to give you the best information on your load
Doppler Radar is the one of the most precise method of measuring velocities available. Its accuracy is not dependant on light conditions or being exactly parallel to photoelectric sensors resulting in false readings. This leaves your old Chronograph with its single reading for dead.
Checkout the Review in the NZ Hunter Magazine by Greg Duley – Click Here
WHY IS A LABRADAR CHRONOGRAPH, BETTER THAN YOUR OLD CHRONOGRAPH?
- No shooting through a small confined area.
- No dealing with optimal lighting conditions.
- No stopping the firing line to set up and take down equipment.
- Easy set up.
- Place LabRadar beside the shooter, point towards the target and you’re ready to go.
- Track and obtain true velocities continuously up to 100 yards.
- DATA – all this data is stored for your to analyse later
LABRADAR KEY FEATURES
- Easy set up: Place LabRadar beside the shooter, aim towards the target and you’re ready to go.
- Uses Continuous Wave Doppler Radar and advanced Digital Signal Processing Technologies.
- Maximum Velocity, Minimum Velocity, Average Velocity, Standard Deviation and Extreme Spread.
- Actual velocities at various distances, up to 100 yards.
- Accurate with subsonic, transonic and supersonic projectiles.
- Records virtually unlimited number of shots and shot series.
- Works great for rifles (up to 3800 fps), shotguns (currently slugs only), handguns, air rifles, bows and crossbows.
- Has internal memory and SD card for storing data.
- Works on 6 AA batteries or from an external USB power pack.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
Applied Ballistics was founded in 2009 by Bryan Litz. Since then, the company has grown to include numerous industry experts who develop and support a product line that is second to none in the long range shooting community.
If you are using lighter calibres with a suppressor, or just have a quiet larger calibre as well; the LabRadar may not always pickup the shot, you can change the position of the muzzle to improve the results or use the Air Gun Trigger which will certainly work – Ask us if you aren’t sure